Tuesday, November 18, 2008

1979 Saturday Evening Post article: "The New Voyage of Starship Enterprise"



When it came to articles in various kinds of magazines concerning Star Trek, I had an eagle eye and could spot them a mile away. This was probably the first time I had ever picked up a copy or even looked at the Saturday Evening Post, but I didn't miss when they ran this pre-release article on Trek's rebirth.

Of course, much of the optimism over the new movie faded after it's release... but we won't talk about that now... these posts are to recapture the building excitement that fans felt during that heady time!

3 comments:

Dave Tackett said...

Another great scan, Frederick! There is so much cool and rare Trek history here already.

Frederick said...

Dave,

Thanks for the comment! They are as scarce as tribble's teeth around here.

I'm glad to be able to take the itmes out of my collection bookcases and share them at last. Until I discovered blogging, they would just sit in my scrapbooks until I took them out occasionally.

Now, others can enjoy them. My wife tells me that if anything ever happened to me she'd box it all up and put it out by the street, since she'd have no room for it. At least this way some of it is getting shared with the world in case that would ever happen!

Anonymous said...

Ack! Another mind-blowing blast from my past! I remember my little 7th grade self examining every detail of these photos when this article first came out.