Friday, April 24, 2009

New Dimension For Star Trek

(Click on images to view full-size.)

Clipped from the Miami Herald on Sunday, November 19, 1978.

Below is my very first-ever Star Trek character drawing, circa 1971. Please allow for the fact that I was 12 when I did it. You can see the tape where I had it in my scrapbook. Heretofore my interests had been more along these lines... Yes, I was starting to grow up. Slightly.



"Oh, my...!" Takei-toons!

Another look back at a recurring theme from the original series with a new insight provided by George himself... (NOTE: for those sensitive to certain topics, I won't display these on the site. I believe in freedom of speech, but I won't put it in anyone's face out of respect. For those who think these are a hoot, it's here as a link. Click only if you are able to laugh without being offended by good-natured fun poking at George's antics.) Other captioned photos, having fun with various other original series characters, (such as this one and this one)I will continue to post on the main page, since no-one seems to have a problem with those. Satisfactory?

1 comment:

CMX54 said...

Hey, your drawing at age 12 is still better than what I was doing at that age!

Cheers! :)