Monday, February 16, 2015

New Rare Nichelle Nichols/Uhura Pics Surface!

STOP THE PRESSES!!!

I thought I'd seen most photos of Nichelle Nichols candid shots taken during the series that there were to see. How wrong I was. When I stumbled across these photos on a post here, I almost hyperventilated. My heart was pounding and I was breathing fast. How could these not have surfaced before? What is their source and why are they only now being seen? I would love to know the whole story behind these photos.

They show Nichelle in a breath-taking series of images taken on the set as she presents stunning dance moves and sexy poses as only she can do. And all as Uhura! Boggle! My mind is reeling. Feast your eyes on these, and pay your respects to the site that published them: The Star Trek Prop Authority.
Original Link: http://www.startrekpropauthority.com/2015/01/nichelle-nichols-rare-and-artistic.html

Update from my ST Scrapbook fanpage guest comment about it: "These were for sale on eBay recently by someone who has a whole cache of negatives. They were about 10.00 a piece for 8x10s. They had ridiculous poses of William Shatner as well which I bought. They were selling them last year for about 25.00-50.00 each and then started selling them again at a much reduced price." -W. P. Bell













Below, my reaction at seeing these newly-discovered photos!
Next time: more seldom-seen photos of the First Lady of Star Trek!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These were just for sale on eBay a few weeks ago from someone who had negatives. Just FYI. They were like 10.00 a piece.

SpacerGuy said...

Nichelle looks great!

CommandaManda said...

Now you've got me guessing as to the time frame of the photos. My nearest guess could be: Balance of terror, or The Corbomite Maneuver. Both were early (you can tell from Bill's hair and face)and both have Briefing Room scenes in which Uhura would have been present. I'll put my money on Balance of terror, tho'. Jeepers, now I'll have to re-watch. Good excuse, tho'!

Jon8712 said...

I'd love to get one of these photos for Nichelle to sign at an appearance next week, but I can't find the completed auctions on eBay to contact the seller. Does anyone have a link? Thanks in advance.

Frederick said...

thanks for commenting, for some reason I always assumed that the pictures of her at the briefing room console were from "the corbomite maneuver". Like you, I'll need to research it, a pleasant task!

Frederick said...

I would follow the link on the post from where I got the pictures, the Star Trek proper authority blog, and messaging them through their contact email and ask them if they know.